Friday, September 25, 2009

They speak English here!

I had planned a day trip to Hogwarts, but apparently a travel banned had been placed...tickets were expensive, anyways.
My adopted Italian family + Sherene. Gabrielle is hiding behind the water in the corner, then Elisa, me, Lorenzo, Romano, Alice, and Sherene.
A stow-away on the way to market...

My last stop on this epic European journey was to London to help Shayna get settled for her year abroad.Despite spending a full six days there, I failed to see even half of what I wanted. Hyde and Regent Parks got left by the wayside, I could have spent the entire day at the British Museum, and I didn't get near Bath for the Jane Austen Festival. That said, I really enjoyed London and want to go back (maybe before Shay leaves).

While the first day was stressful and comprised mostly of doing errands with Shayna. After that things perked up a bit. The next day we saw Troilus and Cressida at the Globe - standing like any true Shakespearean era peasant. Following this, I drugged myself with benadryl for my bugbites, which still are plaguing me!

The British Library (at which I totally would have studied had I still been in school), British Museum, and Food For Thought veggie restaurant took up most of Friday. I had the brilliant idea to sign up for a 10K on Saturday, but got a bit lost running there in the morning and ended up tacking on a good four miles before reaching the starting line (and I still ran my fastest 10k - 55:35, I know I'm slow). After walking the 3 miles back, Shayna and I went to see Billy Elliot on stage. Billy was a pretty darn talented 14-year-old gymnast, dancer, and singer rolled into one!

My last day we went to the Columbia Flower market (so cute) and Brick Lane (so much Indian food). Absolutely fantastic morning, followed by Harry Potter VI in the afternoon (a bit of a disappointment).We ended the day at Gordon's Wine Bar, where I got very tipsy (Shayna would argue drunk, and that I am the cheapest drunk ever) off of a glass of Fat Bastard Rose (hehe). I left the next morning, stayed two days in Berkeley, and now I am back in Seattle...on the prowl for a job.

So now my travels are over, but hopefully it won't be too long before my next adventure starts!

1 comment: