Sunday, June 14, 2009

Let the Planning (Re)Commence!

Click on it...it's hard to see, otherwise!

Hello All and welcome to my illustrious summer blog! This is where I will be documenting my misadventures backpacking through various countries in Europe. Obviously, I have not yet left, so this is not going to be very exciting. Joy and I started planning at the beginning of the quarter, but what with schoolwork, etc. much fell by the wayside. So, now that I have graduated (tear), I will finish my planning. Here is the rough outline of our travels, but if you have suggestions/happen to be in the area, let us know:

June 29th: Joy and I leave SFO! Woot!
France: Paris --> Tours --> Carcassonne --> Nice --> Lyon
Switzerland: Geneva --> Lausanne --> Gimmelwald --> Zurich
Germany: Fritzlar --> Munich
Austria: Salzburg --> Vienna (possible?)
Italy: Venice --> Cinque Terre --> Florence! --> More Tuscany --> Amalfi Coast --> Rome
Greece: Athens --> Mainland? --> Islands?
Italy: Bologna to WWOOF!
UK: London (help Shayna move in?)
September 21: SFO --> SEATAC (still uncertain, but will have this figured out first week in France)

Life is so uncertain... Over and out,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. hi Rachel! It's Shelly from the thanksgiving sierra nevada trip!

    I'm actually living in Cologne, Germany this summer, so let me know if you pass through the Rhineland! I'm also making weekend trips (currently not solidly planned) to Berlin, Bavaria, along the Rhine for castles and wine, and maybe even venturing into France and Belgium. I end up in Rome from Aug 21-25, let me know if we will cross paths! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel -
    Great blog and pics. We apologize for missing your birthday - but I'm sure you were having fun, anyway. Thus, belated Happy Birthday. Have fun and stay safe.
    Love,
    Uncle Rob & Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete